Preyfour - Revolver Preyfour - Revolver

This is what producers should be making. Not some generic wobble bass shit and go to skrillex's channel and beg you to check out their channel. This is awesome. I was wondering, do you work in massive? I'm experimenting a lot right now to get certain sounds. I don't ask for an tutorial but what is the key for that puncy bass you use for stuff on 3:53 in the background?

Preyfour responds:

Thanks buddy, that means a lot! I do work in Massive, yes, but you have to remember that the patch itself is only half the story (look into tricks with EQ's).

Forest of Myth Forest of Myth

I really like it. An awesome beat with a memorable leading melody.

SilverPoyozo responds:

Yeah, that beat gave me a hard time...my first time working with ethnic drums.

Waterfall Caverns Waterfall Caverns

I hear alot of mitsuda and sakuraba in this. It really reminds me of a mix of FF6 , chrono cross and golden sun.

I can't believe this has barely any ratings and downloads. Newgrounds really is a place of good timing when you want to upload a song i guess.

Starbeamer Starbeamer

You can really hear how much you enjoy composing just by listening to this piece, which i don't hear that often in vgm on newgrounds. Awesome job!

DanJohansen responds:

I am super honored by your review man, THANKS!!

Commander Kang Commander Kang

I don't really feel like the melody is synchronized with the chords if you know what i mean. The melody kinda does its own thing without paying much attention to the rest of the song other then the key its written in. Still a good track though, would have been a pumping boss theme.

Vahnson responds:

I know what you mean. There are alot of things going on, which is why Ive had it kinda sitting around for awhile. But thanks for your honest critique.

Winter Breeze Winter Breeze

Sounds cool. If you know what i mean. ''ba dum tsssss''

but seriously, sounds pretty great!

BowserThedestructive responds:

Thanks just having some one comment on these means a lot. Glad you liked it its probably the most relaxing track I have ever made. I plan to try to make more of these chilled songs.

Show Them Your Power Show Them Your Power

Description matches nice with the song. Do i hear some Influences from DBZ's Super Saiyan transformation themes? Pretty nice effect's here and there, though it could use some ''oomph'' , at 2:40 for instance. It sounds like the fransformation is complete, but the power isn't there.

hotsacoman responds:

Interesting! Ya know I didn't even notice it until you mentioned it, but it does sound like something out of DBZ, ha. What would you suggest in terms of giving it more power?

Spring Spring

I like it. Reminds me of a bright, blue day with tree's blossoming, and some beat-em-up action.
I really like the jazz influence you have here in there.

How it Started remix How it Started remix

It sounds pretty good, though a lot of the synth-instruments sound kinda bland.
Like, the oomph isn't there at points where the oomph is supposed to be.